Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suzy Suzy is offline

Default Return cell reference rather than value

MIN and MAX return the value. I would like to return the cell reference
containing that value. For example MAX(B2:CH555) returns 7580. I would like
it to return M350. Or better yet, the value in A350, the player!

Application: Scores for our group. Names appear in ColumnA. Dates we
played in Row1. Individual scores in B2:CH555. A couple of extra rows and
columns for averages. I want to know WHO had the highest score for the year,
who had the lowest, etc.

The tedious way is to use MIN and MAX, then CNTRL-F to find the returned
value.

Thanks for solving the puzzle.