Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
rduke15 rduke15 is offline

Default Dispatch column to 3 chart lines

I'm not even sure how to word my problem, so Google searches haven't
been successful so far.

I have data like this

IP packet loss date-time
83.137.80.57 0 2009-04-24 12:57:00
83.137.80.58 14 2009-04-24 12:58:03
83.137.80.60 12 2009-04-24 12:59:03
83.137.80.57 0 2009-04-24 13:57:01
83.137.80.58 13 2009-04-24 13:58:02
83.137.80.60 11 2009-04-24 13:59:02

I would like to make a chart with 3 lines, corresponding to the 3 IP
addresses.

So I need to define a data series for each IP, and specify the IP
value as a condition in the range.

Another problem I seem to have is that the X axis with the date-times,
seems to only offer a resolution of 1 day. I have not been able to
make it display all date points (what I would really like of course,
would be 1 hour resolution).

Is Excel not the right tool for this sort of thing, or did I just not
use the right keywords in my helpfile/Google searches?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

RD