Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How do you make a chart with right angles only?

The problem with error bars in 2007 is that first it's hard to get to via
the ribbon, then when you select something, it takes a while to modify it to
a useful form.

I got so frustrated I wrote myself a little program to handle error bars for
me. It makes the Excel 2003 error bar experience a little easier, but it
makes error bars much easier in 2007. I've posted the program for anyone to
use:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/err...in-excel-2007/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in
message ...
The error bar technique on my website works just fine in Excel
2007...almost
fine.

The simple mechanism I remember for Excel 2007 is this. When specifying
custom ranges, always also specify that you want both 'both' plus and
minus
error bars. Then, in the custom range dialog box set the one that you
don't
want to zero.

So, suppose you have the horizontal error bar values in C2:C5 (and C6 is
empty). Then, to create only plus error bars for the horizontal error
bars,
in the error bar dialog box specify 'both' and in the custom range dialog
box, for the plus values select the range C2:C6 and in the minus values
box
enter 0.
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"Theresa9599" wrote:

I also keep on forgetting to mention that I am using Excel 2007, if that
makes any difference.