Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Ed is offline

Default linking between spreadsheets

Hi,

I am trying to to link data from 4 various spreadsheets, I'll call them sub
spreadsheets, to one master spreadsheet. The four various spreadsheets are
each similar in structure, but each is a log of a different case type. For
example sub spreadsheet #1 is a running list of cases related to zone
variances. The zone variances are assigned to various people. Similarly, sub
spreadsheet #2 is a running list of cases related to conditional use permits
also assigned to various people. So, at any one time a single person may have
a variety of case types (i.e. zone variance, conditional use, etc.) assigned
to them. There are also sub spreadsheets for two other types of cases, and
maybe more in the future. From these four sub spreadsheets I want to create a
master spreadsheet with approximately 15 worksheets in it. Each worksheet
will have the name of a person. As cases are added to the four sub
spreadsheets and names are assigned to the various cases I want this
information to then automatically populate the master spreadsheet. For
example, in the zone variance sub spreadsheet Oliver will be given a zone
variance case. The fields in the zone variance sub spreadsheet will include
the name of reviewer (i.e. Oliver), case number, date submitted, date due,
and probably a few other fields. As this information is added to the zone
variance spreadsheet I want it to automatically populate the master
spreadsheet under the worksheet "Oliver".

What formula(s) can I use in Excel to make this happen? I am able to use an
if-then statement to transfer the information right now, but its static. I
need to create a formula that will add the next "Oliver" case from any of the
four sub spreadsheets to the next blank row under the worksheet "Oliver" in
the master spreadsheet.

Thanks for your help!
--
Ed