Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default finding where a file is stored

Which version are you using now?

If it is Excel 2007 then click on the office button on the top-left of the
screen near where you would have seen FILE option...

You will see the SAVE AS option there...

You can also press ALT-F together and then A

"Catherine" wrote:

Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used
to be able to go to Save-As, and a window popped up that showed me the
directory structure where the file was saved. i could then choose where to
save the file or rename it and save it somewhere else in a different
directory. I have an excel file that I don't know where it is stored. How
do I find where my open excel file is stored?

"Sheeloo" wrote:

What do mean by 'now it doesn't...'

Nothing has changed...

Anyway use this in any cell
=CELL("filename",A1)
to see the complet path and file name
"Catherine" wrote:

2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it
doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored?