bj

You are right, My suggestion does not work with Excel.. I remember doing it
so now I wonder what program I was using at the time.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

bj -

Did you try this? The trendline, for a series on any axis, is drawn in front of a
bar or column series, on any axis. So are connecting lines for any marker-and-line
style series (scatter and line charts), and error bars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bj wrote:

another way to do this is to use the data from the trend line and plot out a
curve representing the trendline. put it on a different axis so that it can
plot behind th ecolumns.

"DavidNHFCU" wrote:

If I graph a simple straight trend line on a chart, how do I get it to run
behind the bars on my chart - rather than showing across the bars?