Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa9599 Theresa9599 is offline

Default How do you make a chart with right angles only?

I did see Lori's response. Since I'm kind of new at this, I'm trying to
figure it all out! LOL!

I've been trying to implement John's suggestion, but my graph still is not
looking quite like what I'm going for (when I duplicate the points on the
X-axis, I'm getting just that...two points).

I've also been experimenting with using error bars (found that on another
thread) but that is giving me a headache as well.

Theresa

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

I hope you saw Lori Miller's response.

You can also use error bars to make step charts w/o duplicating the data
set. See
Step chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...art/index.html

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"Theresa9599" wrote:

I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example, at
1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0, etc.

I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the
horizontal axis.

I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want a
point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00 p.m.,
and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a horizontal
line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to "0",
etc.

Currently, I am getting diagonal lines connecting the points.

Is what I am trying to achieve possible, and if so, how?

Thank you!