Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa9599 Theresa9599 is offline

Default How do you make a chart with right angles only?

Thank you, that makes sense, and I'm happy that what I'm trying to do is
actually possible!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

This is a step chart. You need to have duplicate points, to turn

X1 Y1
X2 Y2
X3 Y3
X4 Y4
etc.

X1 Y1
X2 Y1
X2 Y2
X3 Y2
X3 Y3
X4 Y3
X4 Y4

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Theresa9599" wrote in message
I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example,
at
1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0,
etc.

I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the
horizontal axis.

I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want
point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00
p.m.,
and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a
horizontal
line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to
"0",
etc.

Currently, I am getting diagonal lines connecting the points.

Is what I am trying to achieve possible, and if so, how?

Thank you!