Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Problem with Vlookup

Is 38 the number you are looking for. In your orignal post you have mentioned
that you are looking the name to get the email id.

Try replacing the number with a text string which is present in the table
and see..
=VLOOKUP("John", A2:C10, 3, FALSE)

If this dont work please let us know how the data is arranged...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Confused" wrote:

The data is arranged in columns in excel spreadsheets. The names are
displaying the same way. I have formatted them all as text. The formula I use
is :=VLOOKUP(38, A2:C10, 3, FALSE).

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Let us know how your data is arranged. and also the formula you have used./
--
If this post helps click Yes

"Confused" wrote:

I am using Vlookup to find names in one file and replace it with emails from
another. The two names exist in both files but i get all #N/A . How can I
resolve this?