Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
M&M[_3_] M&M[_3_] is offline

Default RANK ABSOLUTE NUMBER AND WITHOUT GAP

Yes, I understand I can do it with the formula Mike suggested but I am trying
to find a solution without a helper column.
--
M&M

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If you pull the absolute value out to another column

=ABS(A2)

and drag down then you can use this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2$A$2:$A$8),1/COUNTIF($A$2:$A$8,$A$2:$A$8&""))+1

I'm sure it can be done without a helper column but I can't see it for the
moment.

Mike

"M&M" wrote:

The value that I need to rank include positive and negative number. I need
to treat them all absolute value and also need to rank without gap.

VALUE RANK RESULT
-15 6
14 5
13 4