Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Arranging row titles in a Pivot Table

Hi
If you double click on the fieldAdvancedManual then you can drag the rows
into whatever order you wish.
They will not alter when you do a refresh.

You can also apply Grouping.
Hold down Control as you click on a range of row headingsright
clickGroupcreates Group1
Change Heading to 1 Sales. Repeat for COGS etc.
Make this new Group heading Automatically sorted A-Z and you will get your
Groups in the correct order, but the accounts will stay in the order you
set, within each grouping.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"mcwilhjelm" wrote in message
I have multiple income statements that I want to combine into a pivot
table.
However, when I pull the data into a pivot table, the accounts (row data)
are
sorted alphabetically. Short of manually sorting the rows (all 172 of
them)
every time, are there any creative ways to get the rows to align in the
way
that I want them to?

I have tried to associate a "row number" with an account (i.e. Sales = 1,
COGS = 2, Gross Profit = 3) so that I can sort by the row number in the
order
that I want, however, this method skews my grand totals.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt