Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABA ABA is offline

Default Look Ups and Matches, Sorry if current thread exists- Clueless

Thank you, this what I am trying to do. I must still be doing something
wrong though. I keep getting either the #N/A or #Refer instead of the
answer. Can you please help! I really appreciate you taking your time.

Also is there a book that you reccomend to help me with formulas and
functions?

thanks again I really apprecaite it
--
ABA

"Kassie" wrote:

Your references to rows and columns are totally confusing! If you have your
data in Cols A:E, say from A2:E5, , and you type in b in say G12, then in H12
enter the following formula
=IF($G$12="","",VLOOKUP(G12,$A$2:$E$5,2,0))
Copy this formula to I12, J12 and K12, but for every column, increment the 2
between the commas by 1. You should then end up with
=IF($G$12="","",VLOOKUP($G$12,$Q$2:$E$5,5,0)), in cell K12. Iow, by
changing this number, you are changing the column to look up, 2 being the
column to the right of b, or then Col B, 3 being the 3rd column in the list,
or then C, and so forth.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"ABA" wrote:

*There may be a thread that exists but I do not understand them.

I am trying to create a formula so every time I type the letter b the
following data automatically comes up. Example

If I type "b" in column 4 Row C2, then Row 4 columns 5:7 would automatically
show up like = b 0.75 $48.75 $19.50 etc in the following columns
next to the letter b.

The same for a, c, d etc...... Basically when I type "b" it will allows
show/display in the columns next to it 0.75 $48.75 $19.50

rating sys hours Labor Material
a 0.5 $32.50 $13.00 $45.50
b 0.75 $48.75 $19.50 $68.25
c 1 $65.00 $26.00 $91.00

IF SOMEONE CAN HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!
--
ABA