Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default How to use conditional formatting for rows, based on info in cells

Say you want the row formatted if column A is equal to "X"
Select all of row 2 (or just a cell in row 2, doesn't matter). Conditional
format, formula is
=$A2="X"
Set format.

You can then copy across/down as much as desired
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Ash09" wrote:

I am trying to make rows a different color based on what I enter in a column.
How do I do this? I know how to get the one cell to change based on what I
type in it, using the conditional formatting€¦but I want the whole row that
color.