Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default search data and display colunm headers

Try this...

Names in the range B1:F1
Requirements in the range A2:A5

For your summary table the requirements are listed in the range A10:A13

Enter this array formula** in B10:

=IF(COLUMNS($B10:B10)<=COUNTIF($B2:$F2,""),INDEX($ B$1:$F$1,SMALL(IF($B2:$F2="",COLUMN($B1:$F1)),COLU MNS($B10:B10))-MIN(COLUMN($B1:$F1))+1),"")

key then hit ENTER.

Copy down to B13 then across until you get a full column of blanks.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"c_diver" wrote in message
I work with Boy Scouts. They have lots of requirements to earn badges. I
have a spreadsheet which lists a summary of requirements in the first
column
and the boy's names in the first row (column headers). When a boy
completes
the requirement, I put a "1" in the cell where the name/reqrmnt intersect.
need to create a separate report that lists the full requirement and lists
names of boys who have NOT completed requirements. So, I need a formula
search the summary spreadsheet and retrieves the boys names (column
header)
who have not completed a requirement. Ideally, all names would be
returned
to a single cell however, they could be returned to a row of cells
Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be sincerely
appreciated.