Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
AltaEgo AltaEgo is offline

Default coloring cells

You can use conditional formatting which applies the colour using the Mod()
function:

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/alternate-row-color.htm

After sorting, every second row remains the same colour as before sorting.

Aaron Blood has a Ledger Shade addin

http://www.xl-logic.com/modules.php?...download&cid=3

You may need to join.

--
Steve

"6371" wrote in message
I want to alternate colors between successive rows. One blue one white,
the
next one blue and the next white and so on to the end of my worksheet. It
there a easier way than to hold the control key and click on each row?

Question # 2 when I sort will the colors stay with the row or will they
move
with the sort. Is there a way to get the colors to stay even when I sort?