Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default "Last cell" in Excel 2003 is way past end of data, how do i fi

Hi

Select a column to the right of your dataControl+Shift+Cursor right arrow
to select all columns to the rightRight clickDelete
Select a row below your dataControl+Shift+Cursor down arrow to select all
rows belowRight clickDelete

Save the file. Close the file. Reopen

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"dk" wrote in message
When I pressed Ctrl+End, the cursor went WAAAAY to the end of the
spreadsheet, rather than just to end of of the area where the data is
located. How do I accomplish that?

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

And for future reference Ctrl+End does the same thing as Edit, Go To,
Special, Last Cell.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"silverfox52" wrote:

When I use "Go To", "Special", "Last cell" in my spread sheet, the
cursor
goes many rows past the end of the data. ie. about 36 rows past the
last data
row.

This is a problem because when I import this data into a blank Access
table
all 43 rows are imported (36 are blank) and the import gives me an
error
message.

I've tried deleting from the last data row +1 past the row of the "last
cell" but the last cell remains in the same relative location.