Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Mouse selects only multiple cells

hi
next time it happened, tap the F8 key. that is the "extend selection" key.
it's boolene. tap F8 once to turn on. tap again to turn off.

Regards
FSt1

"Jo" wrote:

Occasionally I get this weird thing where the mouse will suddenly insist on
selecting more than one cell when I click on a cell, usually cells in the
same column and adjascent rows. In other words, if I click on C3, it will
highlight C3:C4 or even C3:C5 or more. If I click and hold the left mouse
button, the cell info field (upper left of the screen) changes from the cell
number (e.g. C3) to "2R x 1C". I don't understand why it does this multiple
selection, and I don't know what I do to finally disable it. It doesn't do it
all the time, so obviously something must disable it (or correct the problem).

I've been working with macros a lot lately, but none of the macros seem to
permanently change a setting that selects more than one cell by default, but
maybe I just don't recognize a problem from a macro.

Please help? Thanks.