Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SBW SBW is offline

Default Finding an item in a list & returning a specific value

Hi,

Thank you for the solution.

The only issue I am having is the returned value is either a date, N/A or a
blank field. For a returned N/A value, when I look-up (utilize 'Find') the
part number in Sheet B and then return to Sheet A, the correct date value
then appears in Sheet A for the correct part number. Any idea why the
calculation appears to break from time to time?

This also occurs with the solution Mike H provided. I sent the same reply to
Mike H.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(L1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$3,2,0)),"",VLOO KUP(L1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$3,2,0))

"SBW" wrote:

Is there a function I can use to ....

- Check if Sheet 1 L1 value is listed anywhere in Sheet 2 Col A. If true,
then return the corresponding value from Sheet 2 Col B into the corresponding
cell in Sheet 1 Col M.

Sheet 1:
A....K L M
1 Part 1