Gord Dibben

By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected.

First, you must Unprotect the sheet via ToolsProtectionUnprotect sheet.

Then..........

Select the cells you wish to unlock and FormatCellsProtection. Check
"unlocked" and OK.

Now ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. This is mandatory!!

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 8 May 2005 09:00:02 -0700, "onemanhattanrebel"
wrote:

I have a spradsheet that I protected and I now want to unlock some specific
cells so my users can update the cells. I tried to do this by going to Format
then Cells and so on, but when I clicked on the Format tab then on the Cell
option, the cell option is grayed out(not active). What is causing this and
is there a work around?....Tks, MM