Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Concatenate N cells (where N is a worksheet value)

Download and install free add-in from
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

then use this formula

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)=1,SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(MCONCAT( IF($A$2:$A$7=A2,$B$2:$B$7&" ","")))," ",", "),"")

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"ker_01" wrote:

I have a list that includes many-to-one relationships. I need to turn this
into a one-to-one relationship by concatenating the values of each of the
multiples. For example:

ID Name CountID
07 cat 3
07 dog 3
07 pig 3
12 fish 1
19 apple 2
19 grape 2

I can put my formula to the right, so I'm hoping toe end up with:

ID Name Count Concatenated
07 cat 3 cat, dog, pig
07 dog 3
07 pig 3
12 fish 1 fish
19 apple 2 apple, grape
19 grape 2

I can use a match statement against the ID to only populate rows with a new
ID (that's easy) but I haven't figured out a way to concatentate "the cell to
the left, and N cells down" based on the count column.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Keith