Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Bernie is offline

Default How to call a worksheet (as a function)

Hi Jacob - But everytime I refer to this worksheet, I want to pass it a
different parameter (i.e. the values in column A and B in the calling
worksheet). So for example the 4th row of the caller will want to pass the
value (4,14) to WS. (what you have indicated tells me how to use the return
values - so thanks for this part).

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Referencing another open workbook named workbook.xls

='[Workbook.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bernie" wrote:

This is a very fundamental question. If I have a worksheet (or a set of
worksheets) containing a complicated calculation, how do I refer to this
calculation from elsewhere with different input values (i.e., how do I call
this worksheet) and get its results?

Example: A worksheet called WS has input cells A1 through A2, and results
appear in B1 to B2.

In another worksheet I have a table with 10 rows and 4 columns. Column A
has values 1 thru 10, column B values 11 thru 20. column C is the result of
"calling" WS with the values A and B of the same row, and should receive the
B1 value of WS. column D again calls WS, but displays the B2 value.

I don't want to make 10 copies of the very complicated set of worksheets WS.

How do I "call" a worksheet and obtain one of many resulting value? I do
not want to do macro programming or VBA programming as it should be
unnecessary (I am doing spreadsheet programming already).

Thanks for all the help, in advance.