Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Paul Jacob Paul Jacob is offline

Default Line chart - time series - category axis date format (2007 VBA)

I'm using VBA in Excel 2007 to plot time series as line charts (i.e., data on
Y axis, dates on X axis, ChartType = xlLineMarkers). My data's not in a neat
"block", so I can't use the ChartWizard or SetSourceData methods. For Y-axis
data I'm using:

With ActiveChart
..SeriesCollection.Add Source:= [a range variable with my data]

How do I set up the X-Axis so that I can format the dates? I've tried:
..Axes(xlCategory).CategoryType = xlTimeScale
..Axes(xlCategory).CategoryNames = [a range variable which is a column of
dates]

However, Excel treats the CategoryNames as strings. CategoryType appears to
be ignored.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?