Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Sumproduct Question

ShagNasty wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with 1-5k rows (and growing) with A-I columns -- Cols
A-G text fields, Cols H-I number fields. H&I are YTD totals. Can
SUMPRODUCT() total (h&i) using data in 3 or 4 columns (a-g) as criteria?
Columns A-E contain eName, dCode, jCode, pPeriod (1-12), and pCode for each
person (400). Each person will have several different pCodes in each pPeriod.

I would like to have (on a separate worksheet) the following:
dCode jCode pPeriod pCode HrsYTD GrossYTD
500 3745 1 025 #### $$$$
500 3745 1 725 #### $$$$
500 3745 3 025 #### $$$$
500 3745 4 025 #### $$$$
500 0374 1 025 #### $$$$
500 0374 2 055 #### $$$$
500 0374 2 725 #### $$$$
600 1445 1 020 #### $$$$
600 1445 2 855 #### $$$$
800 3335 4 025 #### $$$$
900 2225 1 025 #### $$$$
900 2225 3 055 #### $$$$

Office Pro Edition, Excel 2003 SP3

Thanks

You might want to consider a PivotTable. If you are not familiar with them,
there are numerous tutorials and tips pages on the web. One is linked below.

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/us...s_collins.mspx