Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default data in 2nd column associated with =MAX(H1:H100) from another colu

Kind of vague, maybe this:

Assume you have this formula in cell A1:

=max(date1...date31)

Then:

=INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A:A,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tcek" wrote in message
I have two columns. Column one has the dates of the month and the second
column has inventory amounts for that date. The inventory amounts is
paste
linked to another worksheet. I have the data in column 2 to show up in the
linked worksheet for the latest date. I am using =max(date1...date31) to
find
the lasted date. Any suggestions to transfer the associated data to the
linked field would be greatly appreciated