Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Neil Goldwasser Neil Goldwasser is offline

Default Graphical co-ordinates format data label (with brackets) for chart

Hi all!

Using Excel 2007, I have made a chart using a data series with the x-values
in one column and the y-values in another. I wish to show the data label for
these points, but want to include the brackets to replicate the mathematical
way of expressing the co-ordinate i.e. that the data label would read (-8, 6)
instead of -8, 6. I've tried creating a custom data label using format codes,
but I'm getting nowhere fast. Can anyone help please?

Also, I have a second series on the same graph that I do NOT want to display
this information (I'm making a teaching resource). It does not have a data
label, but if you hover the mouse over it, it does display the coordinate.
Can I turn this off?

Many thanks in advance, Neil