Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Symbols

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:44:01 -0700, Crissy
wrote:

Sorry Im just learning how to use this web site. To put the degree symbol in
am going to "Insert Symbol" and then inserting it to the text. The excel
version that I am using is Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

There's something very odd about your data.

When I paste from the web version of this NG into Excel 2007, I see the same
problem as you do.

But it seems as if it is a display problem.

1. Your degree sign does not look the same as mine. The circle is smaller,
and the line is "thinner"

2. If I edit within the cell, the cursor moves in a peculiar fashion.

I don't have a "degree symbol" under Insert/Special characters.

It seems there is something "special" about whatever degree symbol it is that
you are using, that messes up the display.

I would suggest entering your data as follows:

Select the cell.

Enter the following key strokes:

But note that when I write <alt0176 that means to
hold down the <alt key
while holding down the <alt key, sequentially type 0176 on the
***numeric keypad*** (not on the numbers above the regular keyboard).

3
0
<alt0176
~