Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Searching on 2 columns and putting result in third column.

Hi Rob,
copy the table given below in sheet2 of your workbook and I assume that you
are working in sheet1 starting in row 3 so in C3 enter the formula as follow

=sumproduct(--(a3=sheet2!$a$1:$a$5),--(b3=sheet2!$b$1:$b$5),sheet2!c$1:$c$5)

"RobFJ" wrote:

Columns B and C just contain either Yes, No.

Depending on the combination I want to put the text result in column C as
follows.

A B C

Yes Yes "Result 1"
Yes No "Result 2"
No Yes "Result 3"
No No "Result 4"

Can SKS help out as my formulae seem to be going more and more complex with
no correct result in sight :(

Tx