Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Hile Hile is offline

Default Formatting cell for state abbreviations

How do I FORCE the formatting of the cell to capitalize all entries w/o a
formula. I have a column for State that I've placed a validation on to only
accept 2 character entries, I now want it to capitalize whatever entry the
user types in if they don't automatically capitalize the state abbreviation.

I thought of assigning a custom format to the cell but I don't know the
syntax I need to type in for a 2 character all cap entry. The text is not in
there yet, I want it to dynamically capitalize as it is typed in.
--
Hile

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This is a AutoCorrect item for people who mistype the word "Me" (as in me
myself)
Tools | Autocorrect; locate and remove this entry -- remember it will effect
all Office apps
OR: after Excel gives you Me, use CTRL+Z to undo
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LovesArt247" wrote in message
I am unable to format cell to accept ME, the abbreviation for Maine. It
continues to revert to a lowercase "E" as in "Me" while other states such
as
NH, VA and LA maintain their uppercase second letter. What am I doing
wrong?
Thank you
--
LovesArt247