Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bengt[_3_] Bengt[_3_] is offline

Default Concatencation and formatting

I am trying to concatenate two cells. One of the cells is formatted using the
"Special" option on Format Cells. The formatting I have been using is the one
for postal codes, and for Swedish use, the postal code is normally formatted
as
123 45, i.e. three digits, a space and then two digits.

The formatting applied on the cell when it is by itself works fine. When I
concatenate the postal code with something else, the formatting doesn't work
anymore. I suspect that I could use the TEXT-function, and give a formatting
instruction as the second argument, something like this:
=A1&Text(B1;"format code")

but I couldn't find what format code to use.

Anyone knows?