Magius00

I think i need to explain what happens first, but i can't provide an original
data from work and producing a csv with english date formats in the first
column isn't hard and then importing it into excel 2003 can be done by
anyone.

What happens is the csv file is produced and sit's on a server which is then
transfered to my machine. I then play with the data to get it to mean
something but have to keep the csv intact due to the fact other poeple use it
on other systems. Doing this for around 200 files a month is not a nice thing
to do by hand.

The macro i wrote runs perfectly in office 97 then upon being "upgraded" to
2003 i rewrote all my macros and found that it was swapping my days and
months as per ammerican format.

The reason i say this is hard caded in is because of this artcle:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ultCR.asp?_r=1

If you read it particulary the sections

Applications That Use String Literals

and

Applications That Use External Data

You see that it does assume this is in US-en format. I'm currently trying to
work on getting the csv and saving it as an xml importing the data and then
deleting it. Other than this i could either do as you sujest and copy all the
csv's rename them to txt files, split the text and then import it but even
easyer would be if i could get it to import the data as text with no
formatting. I'm sure there was a way for me to do this in excel 97 but i
can't seam to get it to work in 2003.

Hope this clears things up a bit and if i get some free time next week i'll
knock up an example csv file