Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the creation date

If you are talking about the file's date as it shows up in Windows Explorer,
then yes, the creation and/or modified dates can be changed by running a
relatively easy to construct program in any one of a number of programming
languages. As these programs would change the date on the hard disk, there
would be no forensic way (that I am aware of) to determine such a
manipulation was done. Here is but one website (of the many out there)
showing how to do this in the compiled version of VB (I didn't look at it in
detail, but I would be willing to bet it could be modified to run in VBA
within Excel in order to accomplish the same thing)...

http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?cod...ledatetime.htm

If you are talking about the statistics Excel tracks within its Properties
for the workbook, I'm afraid that is easy to change as well...

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32908

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"indians777" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the creation/modified dates in Excel?

Example...

Can someone change their computer date and create an excel file so that it
would appear that it was created say 3 years ago? Is there someway of
finding out if a person did this? We have a potential legal battle and we
believe that this is being done to tamper with documents already created.