Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Change the creation date

Hi,

Can someone change their computer date and create an excel file so that it
would appear that it was created say 3 years ago?

I'm afraid it's as simple as changing the system time on the PC

Is there someway of
finding out if a person did this?

No

Mike

"indians777" wrote:

Is it possible to change the creation/modified dates in Excel?

Example...

Can someone change their computer date and create an excel file so that it
would appear that it was created say 3 years ago? Is there someway of
finding out if a person did this? We have a potential legal battle and we
believe that this is being done to tamper with documents already created.