Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Francis[_2_] Francis[_2_] is offline

Default sumif error

Hi

I am not following very well on your request
are you trying to find the total for PO# 2305675 in Col B of Sheet1
and have it shown in col D in Sheet2 ?

---
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"tipoo" wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have two sheets in an excel 2003 file. Sheet 1 has purchase order# and
relevant amounts. There can be more than 1 line record for same PO# on sheet
1. Just as an example would look like below:

Col A Col B
PO# Amount
2305675 50
2305675 50
2305897 23
2564111 4
56
2305675 200
2564111 450

Sheet 2 has invoice numbers in Col A and PO# in Col B and say amount in Col
C somewhat looks like as below:
ColA ColB Col C Col D
Inv# PO# Amount Rev Recog
456 2305675 50 300
456 2564111 56 454
466 2305675 235 300
888 2564111 456 454
2275 2305897 545 23

In Col D above when I use =SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet1!B9,Sheet2!B:B) where
criteria is PO# from sheet 2 Col B, it adds up value of each PO if I have
more than 1 occurance of same PO# (for e.g., 2305675 has 300 against it on
sheet 2 while it only has 300 once in sheet 1. Is it possible to kill this
problem by one formula. Please accept thanks in advance for your help.

Tipoo