Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default conditional formatting in excel 2003

Let's assume you want to format the range A1:A5 if the corresponding cell in
I1:I5 =12. Assuming the values in column I are numeric integers.

Select the range A1:A5
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=AND(COUNT(I1),I1=12)
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select a shade of RED
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GrouchyMammy" wrote in message
I have column A that I want to turn the back ground red if the number of
months is = 12 in column I. If the number of months is =< than 11 I don't
want a back ground. I can either get it to turn red for both instances or
stay the same for both instances. Please help!!!!