Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default Trigger a Date & Time stamp by entering data in another field...

Hi

You will need a macro to do that.

I assume you have Employee name in column A and Date/Time in column E.

Right click on the sheet tab and select View Code, and insert the code
below in the codesheet which appear. Close the VBA window an enter a
name in column A. Column E is to be formatted as Date/Time

EmployeeCol = "A"
DateCol = "E"
Set isect = Intersect(Target, Columns(EmployeeCol))
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
TargetRow = Target.Row
Range(DateCol & TargetRow) = Now()

Hopes this helps

---
Per

On 11 Apr., 19:10, mjjohnso
wrote:
Hello All,

I am currently building a spreadsheet with 6 simple column headings:

Employee
Inventory Number
Quantity
Production Unit
Date & Time
Comments

Problem: *I would like to set up the “Date & Time” column to where when any
data is entered into a field under the first column (Employee), the
corresponding field under the Date & Time column auto populates the current
date and time. *(Obviously to minimize data entry for the employees) *

One additional problem: *Once that Date & Time field auto populates with the
current time it needs to remain with that time and not update.

Thank-you for any help.