Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_5_] Sheeloo[_5_] is offline

Default 3 D reference of IRR formula.

What is the format of Cell I51 in worksheet1?
Maybe the value in I27 on Sheet3 is close to zero...

First enter any number in Sheet3!I27 and see whether it shows up in
Sheet1!I51...
If it does then enter the formula in I51 and see...

My guess is that result is close to zero... change the format to something
like 0.0000000000000 in I51

-------------------------------------
Pl. click ''Yes'' if this was helpful...

"sirocco" wrote:

Try as I may I have been unable to reference a cell containing an IRR
function to a cell in a different worksheet.
The problem is that in worksheet 3 (in a normal workbook of 3
worksheets) I have the following formula in cell I17
=(1+IRR(I23:I95,1%))^12-1 this is normally return a value of x%
dependant upon the content of the range of values in I23:I95
Lets say it is 8%
I want to insert this value in worksheet1 at Cell I51 in worksheet1.
I have used the formula in worksheet1 =Sheet3!I17 and get a value of 0
irrespective of the contents of I17 in worksheet3.
What am I doing wrong?
Help please

--
sirocco