Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CM CM is offline

Default Dragging across columns: I want column constant, but row increment

I've searched for an answer to this problem and learned about using the $ to
keep the row or column constant, but it does not seem to work the way I want
it to.

Problem: Formula is =I28
I want to drag this formula to the right (across columns) and have the
column ("I") stay constant, but the row number increment. Ideally, the
formulas from left to right would be =I28, =I29, =I30, etc...

=$I28 results in the same exact formula (=$I28) in every cell
=I$28 results in: =I$28, =J$28, =K$28, etc.

Is there some way to do what I want to do?
--

Thanks,
CM