Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default IF Statement - compare to coloured cell

LinLin
You cannot write an IF statement formula that looks at the color of the
cell. VBA can do that, but not a formula. Perhaps you can work with the
condition that makes that cell colored? Come back if you want to try a VBA
solution. Provide more detail about what you have and what you want to do.
HTH Otto
"LinLin" wrote in message
Hi Everyone

I'm not sure how to write an IF statement.

If Cell A1 is shaded RED, I want cell B1 to to say OK
If A1 is not red, then no message.

The IF statement is obviously in cell B1.

As far as I can see, conditional formatting will not work, because I want
message in B1, not a format.

Any ideas?

many thanks