Franz

"Amca" ha scritto nel messaggio

I download from a database that provides ratios in the following
format "
0.95 :1" which is formatted as text. I tried to write a macro that
would delete the " :1" so I could convert the cell to a number and
use it in calculations. Every time I run the macro it changes the
cell to the exact number that was in the original cell I used when
creating the macro. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Instead of using a macro, you can select the range to convert, then menu
Edit, substitute and here in the cell Find put :1 and leave blank the cell
Substitute, then press Ok.

--
Hoping to be helpful...

Regards

Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)