Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Comparing text and then adding numbers if the text matches

Try

=SUMIF(A1:A14,"BE90",B1:B14)

Mike

"rotor11" wrote:

Hello folks, I'm a very basic excel user. I'm trying to create a spread
sheet for adding flight times. Here's how the table looks:

Aircraft Type Total Time
BH206 4
BE90 5
BH206 2.5
BE90 3

I need to add the the times only for the aircraft of the same type.
(additionally the aircraft type is user function which I've already been able
to make work). Once the numbers are added that answer gets added to another
cell of a previous total for the same aircraft to create a total time.

Any help???
Thanks