Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJFry PJFry is offline

Default Help with Averageif Formula (don't think I should use Averageif)

It sounds like you want a weighted average rate. If so, put this in cell C10:
=SUMPRODUCT(B5:B9,C5:C9)/SUM(C5:C9)

Post back to let us know if it worked.

PJ

"MUmfleet" wrote:

Column A is Resource Titles, such as Expert, Mid-level, Low-level -- with a
seperater blank row then Onsite Resources. So Column A4 starts with Offshore
Resources, A5 is Expert, A6 is Mid-level then A7 for Onsite Resources, A8 is
Expert and A9 is Mid. Column B is their rates. For example, A5 is $25, A6
is 22 then A8 is 65 and A9 is 55. Then in column C is the # of resources
used for a particular project. So for the sake of this example, A5 = 1, A6 =
2, A8 = 1, A9 = 0. I am trying to enter an Average Rate or Blended Rate and
have it reference the # of resources, so if it has 1 or 2 (or any # other
than 0) then it averages the rates in Column B to make a blended rate. If
column C is 0 then I do not want that rate to be averaged into the blended
rate.

Thank you for your help!!!
Mike