Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jesse Jesse is offline

Default Excel help

Hi Fred see the sample

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Total
:30.8 :58.8 1:28.4 2:00.0 #VALUE! I use the formula to add
:27.8 :57.2 1:26.2 1:53.6 #VALUE! Sum (a1:a4) = #Value
:31.0 1:00.4 1:29.6 1:58.2 #VALUE! and I get a Value
:32.4 1:02.2 1:31.4 2:00.4 #VALUE!
:30.0 1:00.8 1:32.2 2:01.4 #VALUE!
:28.4 :57.6 1:28.0 1:57.8 #VALUE!
:28.2 :58.2 1:28.4 1:57.4 #VALUE!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Why can't you work with times? Isn't that what you are looking for -- how
much time it took the horse to run the race?

Even if you sent me a sample, you still haven't said what solution you seek.
As most people don't like dealing with files because of the risk of viruses,
they post examples in their messages. Why is it so difficult to post an
example of what you have, and what you need?

Regards,
Fred.

"Jesse" wrote in message
good morning:

let me start from the beginning. I am importing this data from
trackmaster,
which is a horse racing data. What I would like to do is analyze adding
and
subtracting the speed of the horses, but since it comes in the time
format,
not as a number is what my problem is. I can send you some samples. My
email is

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You're making it difficult to provide help. Excel we're good at.
Mindreading
not so good.

Do you want to display a time without colons?
If so, how do you want to display a time like 1:30.8?
Or, do you want to enter a time without colons?

Give an examples of what you have, and what you want to see.

Regards,
Fred.

"Jesse" wrote in message
Thanks Fred for this info
yes my question is how to remove the colons?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Your sample shows only times. That's not much to go on. As a guess:

-- to "remove" a format, change it to any other, like General or a
numeric
format.
-- if you are asking how to convert a time to a number of, say,
minutes,
multiply by 1440 and format as a number.

Regards,
Fred.

"Jesse" wrote in message
how to remove existing format, like time to regular number see
sample
:30.8 :58.8 1:28.4
:27.8 :57.2 1:26.2
:31.0 1:00.4 1:29.6