Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How do I make x-axis dates in area chart not start from/drop to ze

To clarify Luke's and Tushar's posts about setting axis scale parameters.

In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can enter parameters in any valid format for
any axis. You can enter dates or serial numbers if you are plotting against
date.

In Excel 2007 SP1 you can enter parameters as dates, but only for the X
axis. (Prior to SP1 an X axis of an XY chart rejected date entries.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"David Moye" wrote in message
When I create an area chart from with a date range as the x-axis, there
are
diagonals that take the chart to the data value for the first day, and
from
the last data value down to the axis. What I would prefer are verticals as
the diagonals sure make it look like the chart has ended with a 0 y-axis
value, or starts with a 0 y-axis value. Any ideas?