Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Find certain text in a cell

Hi,

You can use =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" hate ",A1,1)),32,23)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Elton Law" wrote in message
Hi all,
Wanna use a formula so that it can give logical result (True or False) if
that cell contains certain words.
Say cell A1 contains a text "I love you".
Say cell A2 contains a text "I miss you".
Say cell A3 contains a text "I hate you".
Is there an "IF" function or formula that can give logical result (True or
False) if that cell contains a word "hate".
In this case, A3 should come up with True while A1 and A2 are false.
Thanks