Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elton Law Elton Law is offline

Default Extract Formula to Text

Hello,
Apologize if the question is too stupid.
In cell A4, it contains a formula =Sum(A1:B3)+A3/B2.
How to extract this formula in cell A6 as a string of text please ?
That is ... I want cell A6 to display =Sum(A1:B3)+A3/B2
I know Control + ~ can view this formula in a spreadsheet.
But that is view only. Another control + ~ will turn back to normal.
Also, put ' at the front and paste the formula can help one cell ... but
this is not applicable in VBA (marco writing).
VBA will capture the script as below
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'=SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2"
Next time the formula in cell 6 may be =A3-B2+A1 (not =SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2)
Use Marcos to run will become overwrite the new formula to =SUM(A1:B3)+A3/B2
instead of =A3-B2+A1
Someone asked me to use Word as interface and then copy/paste as value.
But I want to use the functions within Excel or use Marcos to accomplish
changing cell formula to text.

Can any expert show me how to solve please ?
Thanks