Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_5_] Sheeloo[_5_] is offline

Default Seperate Name, Street Address & City, State Zip

Hope there is a space between each segment of information...

If yes then use Data | Text to table and use space as the delimiter...

If not then all you can hope (there has to be something to hook on) is to
get out the Zip and State assuming they are 5 digits and two letter
abbreviation respectivele...
You can get that -
Zip by the formula
=RIGHT(A1,5)
assuming your data is in COL A and copying down
State by
=MID(A1,LEN(A1)-6,2)

Try to paste 3-4 rows so that we can have some idea..
-------------------------------------
Pl. click ''''Yes'''' if this was helpful...

"anna f" wrote:

Hello!

I have thousands of entries in Excel where there is a First and Last Name,
followed by a street address, City State and Zip all in one cell. I'd like to
do a mail merge mailing, therefore I need to seperate the data. Does anyone
know how I can accomplish all of these tasks? Or at least part of these
tasks, so I don't have to manually extract the data.

- The address usually begins with a number (Not those in the cases of a P.O
Box)
- There isn't a comma or any other delimiter between City, State or Zip.

Your help is greatly appreciated!! Many thanks!