Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Philippe Philippe is offline

Default How can I save an graph as an Excel chart with Excel 2007?

I had created a program in Visual Basic that Excel macros. One of the
facilities was to embed a plot (Excel chart) in my application. To do it, the
code saved the chart as a Microsoft Excel chart 4.0. With Excel97 (version
8.0e) this file had the extension *.xlc and was easily to load in Visual
Basic.

With Excel 2007 (version 12.0) It seems that it is no longer possible to
save the chart alone as a Microsoft Excel chart.

How can I extract a chart plotted within Excel2007 to import it in an
external application (e.g. Visual Basic), possibly with a dynamic link?