Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lori Miller Lori Miller is offline

Default How to get the corresponding X value for a given Y value?

wrote in message
http://help.lockergnome.com/office/d...ct1005590.html
Hey this really works! I sincerely appreciate the hand-holding youve
offered me here. I have been trying to figure out a good way to do this for
some time and I think your method will work very nicely for me. Thank you!

Glad it worked for you - don't know why these replies are dropping out?

I spent a long while figuring this out too. I'd initially been using goal
seek
with a parameter value but then realised you could make use of the IRR
function to solve the cubic eqn. It seemed to work in my test scenarios.