Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Minion Minion is offline

Default Day of week Fill down column not working

I've found many posts on this forum that are related where the
reccommendation is to use the =text(A1,"dddd") to convert a date to the day
of week.

However, nobody seems to mention the problem I'm seeing when auto filling
the formula down a column to convert a bunch of days. Instead of converting
the entire column A to day of week in column B ... it returns the same day of
the week for every date.

I even did a screencast to illustrate what's happening. Am I doing something
wrong here??

http://screencast.com/t/tUBaYePd0jq