Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default SUMMATION combined with PV formula

turjes wrote:
Greetings,

I am using EXCEL 2008 on a MAC. I am trying to use the Present Value formula
in a summation formula. The problem is that I don't see a SUMMATION formula
(the uppercase SIGMA sign) anywhere, I even tried looking it up.

My PV function would look like this:

PV = FV/(1+r)^i

With the summation formula being utilized with that, I want it to sum up the
PV going from i=6 to i=12. Is there any way to do that in Excel? Any help
would be appreciated, thank you!

Not sure, but would this work?

start (s) = 6, end (e) = 12

Dana DeLouis